Illustration Monoline: Stephen Hawking sketch drawing postcard
Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) was an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author who, at the time of his death, was director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Cambridge. Between 1979 and 2009, he was the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge.
Hawking was born in Oxford, into a family of physicians. In October 1959, at the age of 17, he began his university education at University College, Oxford, where he received a first-class BA degree in physics. In October 1962, he began his graduate work at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where in March 1966, he obtained his PhD degree in applied mathematics and theoretical physics, specialising in general relativity and cosmology. In 1963, Hawking was diagnosed with an early-onset slow-progressing form of motor neurone disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis – ALS, for short) that gradually, over the decades, paralysed him. After the loss of his speech, he communicated through a speech-generating device initially through use of a handheld switch, and eventually by using a single cheek muscle.
On the photo you can see as well the map of country and also the Alpha 2 ISO Code
Monoline illustration by Ioana Morar. Artist view - special design technique. Unique interpretation.
About this item
- You can choose any pack size 1, 3, 5 or 10 identical postcards to share them with your friends, maybe to send them via postcrossing or private swaps. You decide the Pack Size!
- Classic Regular Postcard size: 10.5 cm by 15 cm = 4 x 6 inches = the standard for the postcard size for most of the countries in the world – is the standard for postcard created by UPU (Universal Postal Union) – and implemented by USPS, La Poste, Royal Mail, PTT, Correos, Post NL. Deutsche Post and many other postal administrations.
- Material: Made of 100% brand new and high-quality hard paper – 315 grams/ square meter = 5.5 grams per card – thicker than average – special chosen for hard transport conditions through postal services.
- Glossy UV coating on front for durability and protection
- Perfect for collecting, postcrossing, scrapbooking, parties invitations or just sending a note to a friend. You can use them also for your private swaps organized with your virtual friends.
- Easy to use: Special place on the backside for address and also upper boxes for your postcrossing ID or date of mailing to make postcard writing a fun and pleasurable experience.
- Quality Printed in European Union.
The colours you see on your screen may slightly differ from those of the real prints due to monitor settings
Limited Time Only
This item is NOT available in stores.
Guaranteed safe checkout:
PAYPAL | VISA | MASTERCARD
Click Add to Cart To Order Yours!